Velma Noble brings a warm, compassionate, and hopeful therapeutic stance to her private counselling practice established in 2004. She employs a holistic approach (mind, body, and soul) that is equally balanced with a practical, strength-based approach. By forming safe therapeutic relationships with her clients, Velma helps facilitate a healing process that brings relief or resolution to distressing emotions or life situations. Velma offers individual, couple, and family counselling services.
Velma has a Master of Arts degree in Pastoral Psychology and Counselling. She practices as a Registered Psychotherapist (RP#001892), Certified Counsellor Supervisor (CCC-S#1800) through the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, and a Certified Professional Counsellor Supervisor (CPCS#477AB11) with the Professional Association of Canadian Christian Counsellors. She completed a BA in Sociology and Economics from Acadia University, and a Supportive Counselling diploma from Mount Royal University. Velma has membership with the Professional Agrologist Association of Canada (PAg), and brings twenty years of experience as a financial advisor and life coach.
Guiding Principles for Counselling Connections
1. You are a wonderfully unique human being and you have intrinsic value.
2. You always have a choice.
3. Every choice has a consequence.
4. Your thoughts create your reality.
5. Every challenge or obstacle is an opportunity for your personal growth.
6. You get what you focus on so you might as well focus on what you want!
7. What's going on around you at any given moment is a direct reflection of what's going on inside yourself.
8. You are doing the best you can with the tools and knowledge you have got right now, and your “best” tomorrow can be better than your “best” today.